Something New At Rockler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

When I first started fooling around with pencrafting, I visited the local Rockler store a couple of times and bought a few starter items. However, their selection was limited and they were a little more pricey than other sources plus they didn't show their pen making supplies in their paper catalog so I quit trading with them.

As the result of a comment on Rich's Yahoo board, I took a look at the Rockler web site for the first time in several years and got quite a surprise!! Last time I looked, Rockler was strictly a Berea reseller and only carried a few of the more popular kits.....not the full Berea line. What I found, today, is that Rockler is now selling some PSI kits and even more surprisingly, some CSUSA kits.

It has been commonly accepted in the pencrafting community that there were no longer any CSUSA resellers; but that is clearly not true. Rockler is selling the Panache, the Jr. Gentlemen's, the Tool Box Pencil, and maybe one or two others. This makes me wonder if we can expect to see more CSUSA resellers in the future or if this is the last remnant of the old contract that hasn't quite run its course??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

winpooh498

I wonder what is up with the "Zen" looking kit? It has threads and looks like it has a Jr. Gent nib?? At first glance it look just like the ones from CSUSA, but it isn't. Very interesting, but that kit for $36.99, I will pass.

arioux

Randy,

Looks to me that CSUSA was selling a lot of Dayacom kits, probably with some exclusivity agreement that seems to have ended. Recently, Dayacom as started to sell on a more open market (as long as you buy 500 kits). I would'nt be surprise if we see more and more of those kits around like makaiolani is selling, with choice of plating that CSUSA was not offering.
On the end, it's just good for us :D[:p]

Alfred

its_virgil

Dayacom has an ad in the recent AAW Resource Directory. Evidently they sell wholesale only. But, the Dayacom kits are showing up other places than just CSUSA. Aaron, aka makaiolani, here on IAP sells several Dayacom kits. Check them out at http://laulauwood.com
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PS: That Zen kit is about half (the rockler price) from Aaron.

Top Bottom