Something new for my shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dale

My Grandson was born Friday the 31st so he should be turning age in 8-10 years from now.
Gee. Ive thought about turning a pen for each grandchild and then have their names and B-day dates lazered on them.
So have any of you all done anything like that or am I just being stupid?

dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Dale

Everything is relative.We that is my wife and myself with children sons and daughter in laws thirty seven g/children, g g children 37 of now total well over sixty, unless your family totals exceed ours consider carefully.

We send birthday cards with money then Xmas cards with money for the latest 37 grand and g grands. my wife has made hand sewn quilts for every member of the family some several times. She has been making baby quilts these days for the new ones.

Four years ago for our 50th wedding anniversay I made Huon Pine 3000yrs old pens for the men and boys and my wife made cloth boxes with a piece of her wedding dress in the box using my sleeveless pullover pieces to line the lid I wore with my suit that winter wedding embroydered under the box was the wedding detail.

So with cards, money postage around the world your proposal sounds quite cheap and reasonable to me.

All the best. Peter.

RickW

Dale, I gave all my daughters and their spouses pens for Christmas gifts. My oldest daughter recently told that everytime she picks up that pen she thinks of me.
Also, I recently made my oldest granddaughter a pen. A few weeks later I was over visiting and she excitedly asked me to come look at her new bedroom furniture. There sitting on her desk was the pen I had made her.
The feelings one gets from these moments can't be replaced.
So, making a pen for a loved one is never stupid.

brez

Dale,

I have made pens for most of my family. I think making pens for the grandkids with their name and birthdate is a great idea. I am sure they will be treasured as the children grow older.

Mike

GouletPens

I think it's a great idea. I have my first kid coming in Feb. and you better believe they'll get a nice pen.

Smokey7385

I made a pen for all of my grandkids this year. The two who live near me watched as I made thier pen. I let them pick out the blank that they wanted so they had a part in the process. I also made a pendant for one of my grand-daughters. Will make one for the other when she comes for a visit.

The lazer engraving is a great idea, makes it even more of a keep-sake.

Marc Phillips

Use decals...

My Grandson was born Friday the 31st so he should be turning age in 8-10 years from now.
Gee. Ive thought about turning a pen for each grandchild and then have their names and B-day dates lazered on them.
So have any of you all done anything like that or am I just being stupid?

dale

I love the laser stuff... looks great.

... but if you want, you can make almost any design or name or whatever and print them on a wet slide decal and apply it on the pen. I guess you could even do their picture too.

Anyway... just an idea. I make them for folks quite a bit...

Attachments

• SeaSchoolJrBill.jpg
    SeaSchoolJrBill.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 129
Top Bottom