Some ideas needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

So my SIL is getting married 10/10/10. As a gift I thought I would follow what others have done on here and make them a very nice guest book pen that they will cherish forever. I am thinking of a Jr. Gent/Statesmen kit possibly. Their wedding colors are Peridot & Amethyst. These are their birthstone colors. I was looking for suggestions on a blank to use. I know there is true stone, but never have seen either for those colors really. I never have turned true stone either. I was thinking of an acrylic which I would buy 2 of in case I get a blowout, but not sure really where to start.

As far as a stand or something for the pen, not sure I have the skill to pull that off and not super worried about it. I was also thinking of putting something on the pen using a decal like their names but not sure how to approach that if I get an already cast acrylic. Any help suggestions would be great. I am not an advanced turned so please keep that in mind. :) Thanks to everyone for the help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Make sure it's a pen that you can tie down to something! You would be surprised what can disappear at a wedding. Sounds like a beautiful pen is in the making.
Martin

Mark

Todd, don't be afraid of Tru-Stone. If you find a color that works, drill slow, clear the bit often. Turn it with sharp tools and a light touch. It's an awesome material.

Peridot and Amethyst. ??? Maybe contact several of the vendors. They may be able to mix two up for you, for a price of course.

Or you have time, cast your own.

snyiper

Why not look at cake toppers and see if you can incorperate one of them as a pen holder? Kind of like the Bride/Groom holding a pen offering you to sign..
Could also do a one color blank and inset the other color in the form of mica or even stones to give your two colors.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Names and date can be laser engraved from several vendors on IAP. Just make sure not to assemble the pen first. They prefer to work on finished tubes.

ToddMR

Thanks for all the good ideas! The cake topper would be a cool idea. I do plan on tying down the pen somehow. Either that or have someone at that post to ask people to sign. I would hate to think that would happen. Sending away for laser engraving is a good idea too.

Top Bottom