Sold my first pen today!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

emccarthy

So for a Monday, it was a pretty good day - Last week, I was showing off the first pen I turned at work, and had a couple people show interest, with one of them wanting a sister pen to the one I was showing. This weekend I turned it, and presented it today, and had a very favorable reaction. Now I just have to drum up some sales to help pay for my most recent addiction :biggrin:

Pen is Classic American double twist in gold plating. Wood is cocobolo.
I have to say that I'm very pleased with the way this pen came out. I had no gaps anywhere, the finish was nice and I was spot on for matching the barrel diameters with the kit.

Cheers!

Attachments

• CA 3 db.jpg
    CA 3 db.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lazyguy

Nice looking pen. I really hate making those you did a great job. What is really ironic is that I sold basically the same pen on Friday except in copper and it was my first sale also. I guess if I get a chance tonight I will put up a thread on it.

Jack Stresing

Congrats!

I've actually made my second sale. The first was a commissioned FP made from Honduran Rosewood for a co-worker's wife's collection (she inherited the collection from her Father). It was a rousing success. Perhaps I can borrow it back to get pics.

The second sale was to a neighbor. She wanted 3 bottle Stoppers and 3 pens as birthday gifts for friends. The bottle stoppers and two of the pens are already done, so I only have to make one more pen. I think this weekend will be a turning weekend...

BTW, I've only turned 13 pens so far (first one was a the Baltimore Woodworking show), but I am addicted!

Jack

ROOKIETURNER

WTG on the first sale. I also sold a pen before turning 20 pens. I love this hobby. It seems a little like golf. A lot of trial and error with a enough success to keep you at it.

gvanweerd

Theres nothing like the first sale to keep you going! Congrats!!:good:
The money that i get for my pen goes to buying more kits.
This hobby is SWEET !!

Top Bottom