Sold my first pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sandsini

I didn't even have a chance to photograph it.

Today I thought I would try making a simple segmented pen for pen number 5... so, I built a black and white ebony ultra cigar with a goboon ebony band, about a quarter inch, in the lower third of the upper section. I framed the goboon in soda can aluminum and, although it looked pretty rough before I turned it, it came out very nice.

I took it along with another pen to some friends this evening, because they asked for an update on my penmaking progress, and they bought it as a gift for a wealthy relative. This is a great boost for my pen making confidence and perhaps a clue that I shouldn't move to exclusively working in Italian acrylics.

Eric

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Eric, that first sale is always an ego booster. Makes you eager to do and sell more. Congrats and wish you many more on your quest for the perfect pen.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I didn't even have a chance to photograph it.

Today I thought I would try making a simple segmented pen for pen number 5... so, I built a black and white ebony ultra cigar with a goboon ebony band, about a quarter inch, in the lower third of the upper section. I framed the goboon in soda can aluminum and, although it looked pretty rough before I turned it, it came out very nice.

I took it along with another pen to some friends this evening, because they asked for an update on my penmaking progress, and they bought it as a gift for a wealthy relative. This is a great boost for my pen making confidence and perhaps a clue that I shouldn't move to exclusively working in Italian acrylics.

Eric
It feels really great to sell a pen,
It feels even greater to give one to a friend!:)

Top Bottom