Sold my first $200 pens today!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I am beside myself! I got a commission today to make 2 Cactus Statesman Fountain pens for $200 each! They will be used as a corporate gift for a CEO of a $100 million company that my customer is working on a deal with. He is a pen aficionado who will hopefully appreciate the one of a kind nature of the cactus pen. I hope the Statesman is up to par for this type of client. I tried to sell my customer on one of the higher end pens like a emperor but he did not like the gaudy nature of them.

Anyway, I am pretty excited, needless to say!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Way to go Curtis![:p][:D] Congratulations!
CEO's love nice writing instruments. I have made several Statesman Fountain and Rollerballs for a CEO of a local hospital. His secretary calls me up and places an order every couple of months. Not a lot at one time, but good and steady. [;)]

PenWorks

Congrats Curtis [:)] Don't sell the Statesmen short, it as every bit as nice, as the Emperor or others.
I sell more high end Statesmen, then Emperors.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Congratulations! It is a great feeling isn't it?
What puts the icing on the cake is that what you sold is a product of your creativity and not what some think is value out of a box.

I tried to sell my customer on one of the higher end pens like a emperor but he did not like the <b>gaudy nature </b>of them.
Your customer wanted <b>your</b> "blank" to do the talking.
Great sale!
Maybe some day suppliers will come up with components that are more suitable for customization rather than dollar store "look a likes" they put a high price on.

Jerryconn

Great job!!! I know the feelling I sold a $150.00 pen a couple of weeks ago, I felt like I was walking in the clouds!
Hope you get a lot more like that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom