Soft Grip question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherA

Hello all, I am assuming that the craft spply soft grip pens and pencils can be made without the rubber thingy but does the kit come with a bushing to size the tip end if you make it all wood. I like the looks of these kits but they will be my first and I don't want to get into trouble.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Yes, Heather. The final bushing is part of the set of bushings. If you look at the instructions, http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/pdf/soft_grip_pen.pdf , you will see that you actually turn both barrels completely, then part off a 1" segment of the bottom barrel. If you don't want to use the rubber piece, don't do the parting.

HeatherA

Wow! That was quick! Thanks, I will be placing my order tomorrow. Wish me luck.[:)]

JimGo

Heather,
As Lou pointed out, the bushings are important on this set...the CB is different on these than on the traditional slimlines; it's thicker. I learned that lesson the hard way (unfortunately, it took me 2 pens to learn it!).

Deere41h

Heather.........If you are not going to use the rubber bushing or grip you will need to use a 7mm or slimline bushing for the writing tip end. I have made over 100 of these without the rubber bushing and the slimline bushing works well. Post a picture when you get one done.

53815429_184Zebrawood%20n%20Bobote%20Comfort%20Pen.jpg

Heather, this is a comfort pen without the rubber thingie![:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom