Soda Cans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Does anyone know an easy way to remove the paint/label off a soda can? I'd like to get to just bare aluminum on both sides. Thanks for any advice or ideas.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Originally posted by Gary Max

220 grit sandpaper??????????

That's what I've been using. It's a PITA and it also makes the aluminum even thinner [V] I was thinking more in terms of "peace through superior chemical firepower" [}:)]

VisExp

Thanks for the replies everyone. I thought it may be a long shot and like Gary said using a chemical would probably be very messy.

Thanks for the link to McMaster. I had a feeling I would end up buying sheet stock.

Badger to answer your question. The paint is not obvious in a segment. However if you turn the pen and look at it at the right angle you can see red and it just screams Coca Cola to me :D

Originally posted by VisExp

Snippy

However if you turn the pen and look at it at the right angle you can see red and it just screams Coca Cola to me :D

Nothing wrong with Coca-Cola, every can sold helps my stock keep paying dividends. ;)

On the other side if anyone notices and askes you can always just hold out your hands, wiggle your fingers and tell'm blood from the maker.

JimBobTucson

Might try a torch. I seem to remember soda cans in thrown in a campfire came out "label-less".... Of course it may distort the metal beyond use, but heck, any excuse to play with fire [}:)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by JimBobTucson

Might try a torch. I seem to remember soda cans in thrown in a campfire came out "label-less".... Of course it may distort the metal beyond use, but heck, any excuse to play with fire [}:)]

A man after my own heart!!

Hell, I'm so reckless that I got married twice!!! [}:)];)

negid

I've never done it, but if you work at a large office building could you not put out your own 'recycle bin' for coke cans and just cut the bottoms off all of them?

And then of course recycle the rest.

Top Bottom