Soapstone vendor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolland

I am posting this here as I am not sure where the proper place is. I am not sure on posting vendor information so if it ain't right do what needs to be done:confused:
I was looking to obtain some soapstone for a pen project and found this company www.vermontsoapstone.com. They seem to be really nice people to do business with. I ask if I could obtain some stone 3/4 inch long and they cut the material to my specs. (3/4 X 5 1/2) very accurate cuts I might add.
The stone works easy alltho a little hard on my skew I have since went to the woodchuck to turn it.
The small piece is finished with mineral oil altlho I have used CA finish as well. I pre-glue the hole with thin prior to glueing in the tube for which I use thick. I have been using single tube pen kits, but plan to try other kits with two tubes. I also ordered two 12 X 12 X 1/2 tiles for desk set bases. Very pretty stuff I think.

Attachments

• 100_1189.JPG
    100_1189.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 178

cnccutter

I love soapstone. it comes in a wide variety of colors and for the most part works pretty easy. about the only thing you realy might want to keep an eye on is some of it has asbestos in it.

it will be great to see your finished pen.

Erik

Top Bottom