So many kits, so little time...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

monkeynutz

For now, I'm building mostly bright gold Slimlines and variations using Slimline kits. I'm interested if there is any kind of consensus, loose or otherwise, on who sells quality kits. I'd like to get something that looks like an upgrade kit, with the ball clip and filigree center band, but has a Ti finish. I'd also like to get it in both plain gold, and black stripe gold. Seems most Ti's I'm seeing are rather plain looking, such as the WoodWrite Ti slim, but their nicer looking Ultra Gold slim is not Ti. Who has a good kit with both the looks and the durability? Sorry if this is a dumb noob question, but the longer I look, the loster I get... [:I]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcollazo

Well, this is opening a can of worms...again,[}:)] I'll keep this short.

When it comes to gold (10k, 24k, Swiss, etc.), just say no. The only gold (let the flames begin) worth its price is Titanium Gold. The others will tarnish and/or erode in a very short time. Berea makes a slimline with this plating and you can get it cheaper at either Beartooth Woods or Arizona Silhouette.

That's about all I can say about this.

gerryr

Check out Arizona Silhouette, Beartooth Woods and Craft Supplies USA. And I agree with Joe about 10K, 24K and Upgrade Gold.

M

monkeynutz

That's why I'm trying to stick to the Ti. Sadly, those I've seen thus far are so plain looking. I'll go check AS again. Maybe what I am looking for is there, and I just missed it. Thanks for the help.

M

monkeynutz

Originally posted by jcollazo

Maybe it's time to start looking at other 7mm based pens like the Comfort and the Euro.
Starting to think you're right. I like the simple elegance of the Slim (and the ladies like it, too ;)), but the choices are so limited there. I would think a Ti Slim with a ball clip and upgraded band would sell like hotcakes, but apparently, I am in the minority.

Chasper

AzSilho sells gold ti slims with upgrades bands and ball clips. I've made a few but haven't had much success selling them.

M

monkeynutz

Found 'em! Berea does indeed make them (Series 2000 Deco and Greek Key) and AS does carry them (most other Berea dealers apparently don't). Thanks for the suggestions, y'all!

Top Bottom