So many JR's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

We are thinking about turning some of the JR series most likely the gents or statesmen. However when I look at the exotics web site and others I see numerous other JR's available but it seems I seldom hear of folks turning them.

Have any of you turned the Harolds, Marshalls,Morgans or some of the many others. Is there any reason I do not see them often? Perhaps I am not looking in the right places.

Some of them look nice on the web site.

KenV

I have observed a rule of thumb amongst us turners. As the cost increases, the number of occurances decreases. "Higher end" platings and styles are not generally as commonly presented.

Maybe it is the turners legendary "cheap gene" coming into play, but I,suspect it has more to do with markets, volume, and experience. You see lots of bolt actions because they are moderate cost, popular, and very flexible in terms of blank suitability.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I just turned my first Harold this past week; very nice.

I have turned many in the Jr series (same bushings). I like the less expensive Chrome Jr Gents when I do segmenting or pop out the finial cap for a custom finial, or to do a closed end. But when I have a special pen to make, some of the other kits will be my go to. (Jr Anthony, Jr Aaron). The extra $10.00 for a beautiful kit is an easy choice.

Top Bottom