So here I was...Fat, Dumb and happy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

So here I was… fat, dumb and happy, just having a ball turning some new true stone pens. I couldn't decide which blank I wanted to turn so just decided to turn one of each. I was using 10 kits so had all the parts lying out on my table when things started getting weird, some of the couplers weren't threading properly! This has never happened before, did I get a bad batch of kits!

After a few minutes of scratching my head it dawned on me what was going on… I remembered reading a thread where it was mentioned that recently Craft Supply changed the threads they use in some of their kits. Obviously I had gotten the old threads mixed up with the new "square threads" and the different male and female threads didn't like each other at all!

If this happens to you, at least you'll figure out what's going on a lot quicker than I did! :wink:

Attachments

• truestones in work.jpg
    truestones in work.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 316
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

One reason why I only take the tubes out of the bag and leave everything else in place while I turn then assembly one by one... I tend to mix things up otherwise.
I hear ya. I used to do that and had bags hanging everywhere and once in a while would run across a bag that was missing a clip, a coupler or some little part and had to call the vendor and ask for a replacement. In some cases it was months after the purchase and a few times I got the feeling they weren't believing my story.

When I started focusing on certain kits I started buying more at a time and taking them out of their big bags and storing them in the plastic boxes with compartments. When unbagging, I would check for bad or missing parts.

At least I learned what the square threads were all about but to be honest I don't see where that solved the problem of the pens unscrewing themselves. As a very scientific test.... I closed my eyes and had my wife randomly hand me a pen to open and close and I couldn't tell the old thread from square thread.:biggrin:

Top Bottom