Snakeskin bullet pane?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

John M

Okay, here is the deal.

I got a Rattlesnake skin blank from a large company because noone else had anything in stock. I was tuning it for a 30 06 lower here i bought of of a member here. The blank is 7mm, and the kit is basically a slimline. I turned the blank so it is the same size as the rear portion of the bullet, and the blank is straight, or flat all the way across.

Here is my problem. What end cap can i use for this? A slimline is to small, i did not want to turn it down that far because when i matched up the slimline bushing, there was skin showing, and i did not want to turn down that far.

Is there a kit that has a brass end cap that is about the same size as the end of the bullet? I used the PSI bushings to turn the blank.

The blank came out pretty good, took forever, I dont have much money and did not want to ruin my 20+ dollar blank, so i cut to a point, and sanded all the rest off, lol. Better safe than sorry i gess.

The cigar would actually work, I would have to glue the top part of the cigar onto the pen, but it is the right size, but i have only seen black, with the brass "nut" on top, if it was all brass, it would work.

Last edited:

Sylvanite

John,

The next size up would be a euro (a.k.a. designer) kit. The euro pen is pretty much the same as a slimline, except that it features a wider centerband and a larger diameter (and rounded top) finial. If you have a euro kit, you can simply substitute its clip and finial for the slimline portions. They fit a 7mm tube, so no other changes are needed. The upper barrel will look a little more balanced (less taper) and probably won't expose any snakeskin.

Regards,
Eric

Top Bottom