Smocks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Does anyone know of anywhere to get a big/tall turning smock? I'm fat and also have extremely long arms, like as in a 37-38 sleeve length is still kinda tight.

I may have to sew one up. What would be a good material? and what sort of pockets/flaps or other things should I put on it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
My smock has velcro that cinches the sleeve on my upper arm. I like the freedom a lot better than having it go all the way to my wrist and it is a lot safer.

MikeMcM1956

CSUSA has excellent smocks, don't know if there's one in your size. They go up to 58" chest size, and are short sleeved. I've got one of the lightweight tan ones, and like it a lot....

Mike

aggromere

My smock is a tee shirt, jeans and a denim apron from ace hardware. I think a nice smock would be cool though. However, in the summertime, my garage gets pretty hot and just the extra layer of a smock or even my apron is uncomfortable.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
If you order one from CSUSA and it doesn't fit there's no problem returning it. They have great customer service. I ordered one, it didn't fit, put it a side and returned it several months later. No problem.
Dave

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I bought one through the IAP a while back - they're not currently available for sale, but if you can wait I bet the IAP will make them available again...

Mine even has my name stiched on it, in case I take a bowl blank to the head and have to remember my name! :)

Andrew

My smock is a tee shirt, jeans and a denim apron from ace hardware. I think a nice smock would be cool though. However, in the summertime, my garage gets pretty hot and just the extra layer of a smock or even my apron is uncomfortable.

I know it hot, but it's a dry heat :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My smock is from Lee Valley, long sleeve with knit wrist band and a velcro tab at the neck.. I've reacted to a couple of woods, so I don't let anything touch the skin anymore. In summer, I either wear a tank top under the smock, or no shirt, but I always wear the smock.

I don't know about their sizes to fit Justin.. might check that out

Top Bottom