Smaller parker?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

I mentioned in a similar post I'm looking for a smaller parker, for ladies. I do not like Cross refills, they just don't have the quality feel to them nor do they have the capacity of the parker.

So far the smallest pen that I have found that ladies seem to like is the Atlas and Sierra.

I do NOT AT ALL like the parker-style Euros sold by Berea, they seem to me a poorly designed kit (another post altogether).

Are there any others I've missed?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Try CSU's version of the parker style
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=americana-style
It is much better in my opinion than the Berea version.

gerryr

I don't care for Cross refills either, but if you want a smaller pen you're pretty much stuck unless you want to do some modifications to either the Berea Euro or the PSI PK-MONTPAR. The Berea is a bit top heavy because of the black top, and the transmission part is an incredibly poor design. But, you can fix both problems by using the PK-MONTPAR transmission and then you can cut off a fair amount of the black top which makes the pen lighter. There's quite a bit you can do with either kit if you're willing to put in the time.

redfishsc

Vick, is the transmission in the CSUSA Americana the same double-twist-but-if-you-twist-too-far-you-unscrew-it-accidentally as the American flatops from Berea?

Gerry, I think I will be sending those euro kits back, as I'm apparently not the only one that thinks they suck so it's not just my own asinine opinion[;)]

RPM

The Berea perfect fit convertable (BB sells them) can be turned with a fairly slender lower barrel. I am away for the holidays or I would post a picture of one. The kit is such that it has alot of flexibility from turning barrel to barrel to giving it some curves.

HTH
Richard

bjackman

Originally posted by redfishsc
<br />I have considered those but have also heard that the click mechanism is cheezy. Is it improved?

I've had good experience with the click pens from BB. Done ten or twelve of them and to me the click mechanism feels and operates just fine on all of them. None back from customers. My experience with CSU's click mechanism's was not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom