Smaller Diameter Rollerball.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

I've been looking for a smaller diameter roller ball for the gals here at work, and I found one at Timberbits, it's "The Traditional Pen" rollerball. Does anyone know if there are any vendors for this kit in the states?
I already have some Sedona's but these are a little smaller.
https://www.timberbits.com/traditional-pen-kits.html
Traditional.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

Cool thanks that the same pen, I hate to use PSI though, if I can't get them somewhere else.

Thanks Guys!

Thanks
ghostrider those look the same also.

Last edited:

Whaler

Cool thanks that the same pen, I hate to use PSI though, if I can't get them somewhere else.

Thanks Guys!

Thanks
ghostrider those look the same also.

Don't hesitate to buy from Timberbits, they give great service and you can't beat $5.00 flat rate shipping just expect and extra day or two to get it.

frank123

I've made two of these and find them to be a very good fit for my very large hands without being too large in diameter.

FWIW, I like the Montblanc RB refills (even at about 6 bucks apiece) and drilling into the end plug to set the spring back allows for the little bit of extra length so they can be used as well as the regular RB refills. That threaded front end on the Montblanc refill seems to work just fine to control the amount of extension the same as on a regular RB. It also improves the balance (for me, anyway) by reducing the top weight of the pen.

I should add, mine were from WoodPenPro.

Last edited:

ghostrider

I suppose it also depends if you want them postable. PSI's are, while the other's aren't.

If your looking for another slim rolerball, you should look into the Flat Top/American, Streamline American, and New Series from Berea.

Berea has the Streamline, and it comes in gold Ti. They also have the American (as does Arizona Silhouette)
American Rollerball - Screw Cap Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods

You can get the New Series at both Berea, and AS, as well as exotics.
http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...tegory_id=174&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60

jd99

Have you looked at these from Berea? They have a trim ring on the bottom of the cap in the style of the American classic where the one you posted appears to have an exposed bottom to the cap. The only downside is they appear to be B mandrel only.

Streamline American™ - Screw Cap - Roller Ball Titanium Gold Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods
The mandrel size won't matter since I don't use them any more, I make my own TBC bushings to turn and just use the centers when I'm finishing, and polishing.

The heck with that out of round mandrel turning. :wink:

ghostrider

Have you looked at these from Berea? They have a trim ring on the bottom of the cap in the style of the American classic where the one you posted appears to have an exposed bottom to the cap. The only downside is they appear to be B mandrel only.

Streamline American™ - Screw Cap - Roller Ball Titanium Gold Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods
The mandrel size won't matter since I don't use them any more, I make my own TBC bushings to turn and just use the centers when I'm finishing, and polishing.

The heck with that out of round mandrel turning. :wink:
Also, there are bushings available for the A mandrel for that Pen.

OP: you might also note that the Streamline American, New Series, Flat Top all use a V drill bit, which is slimmer than the 10mm for the Traditional. Check out my last pen, and all the Signature's that Smitty is getting from people. The Signature is just woodwrite's name for Berea's Streamline American. Another thing about those pens is that they've been redone and now use cap and post threads that are quad-start. That's a feature I really like as it only takes 1/4 turn to post the cap.

Marker

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
If you want stuff from PSI, but don't want PSI's "stuff", :rolleyes: it can be ordered from some other vendors, Including woodturningz in Indiana. AND they happen to be great in the customer service arena!!

Top Bottom