Small FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Does he know the width of a Baron? It's not all that much wider than a Euro if you turn it B2B. They just look larger on pics.

Oh, and here's some Euro fountains:

*edit*

PennState carries them, so that means Woodturningz carries them.

JimGo

smaller diameter, or smaller length? If length, you don't have to make the Baron as long as the body otherwise would be (the body is made for a longer, rollerball refill).

broitblat

PSI has a couple of smaller fountain pens (Designer: PKMont-FPT, and Traditional: PK10-FP. Unfortunately, I think the manufacturing quality of both of these is poor -- they seem to break very easily.

The smaller FPs Berea makes (series 2000 Flat Top, Round Top European, and Streamline) all use a "V" drill for the tubes, so these would probably be a little smaller than the Baron, but that's the only other choices I know about (CSUSA pens all seem to be larger)

alamocdc

Originally posted by blodal
<br />What is the slimest FP available in a kit? I may have a sale but the guy wants something smaller than the Baron or Euro.

PSI and CSUSA both make thinner FPs. Here's a Platinum one from CSUSA.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200510315546_americanaFP_bluefleck_acrylic.jpg
<br />

The cap is only slightly larger than the body barrel and bot use a 10mm tube. They also make them with both barrels being turned the same diameter, but I think they are only available in gold platings. Both styles are smaller than the Baron.

Skye

Wow, if that's a 10mm barrel you're probably going to have to paint the tubes. I cant imagine them not showing through.

blodal

Thanks for the input. I am looking for diameter not length. He liked the size of the slimline, but I told him that wouldn't happen in a FP.

Randy_

Take a look at the Berea kits at Arizona Silhouette. They have some fountain kits that require a "V" drill bit...just 0.002" over 3/8"(9.6mm). I don't think you will find FP kits smaller(thinner) than that??

alamocdc

Originally posted by blodal
<br />Thanks for the input. I am looking for diameter not length. He liked the size of the slimline, but I told him that wouldn't happen in a FP.

Bill, I understood this. Both and CSUSA Americana and those similar to it (all snapcaps) are smaller in diameter than the Baron and up. In fact, all of the snapcap FPs I've seen are smaller in diameter. IIRC correctly, the smallest screwcap FPs have the diameter about that of the Euros (or larger).

Firefyter-emt

The snap cap is a great choice. The upper cap is about 12.5mm and the body 11.5mm so there is plenty of wood on it. Much more than a slimline done b2b. I do highly recomend the "nib adjuster tool" CSUSA sells. You will not like the fit of the cap without it.

The pen is a little long (IMHO) but not too heavy, not too thick and fit & finish is very good. The Rho. kit is nice because all the hardware is polished where the gold kits have black finish & gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom