small bottles? possibly with brushes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

xxShadowxx

recently played with some stains on pens, but prying off lids from large cans and cleaning brushes is getting old - anyplace to buy 1-2oz bottles (which are safe storage material) with screwtops? possibly with brush on the lid - writing this i suddenly think of nail polish haha, but not sure can store oil stains/solvents :confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joek30296

I got some 200ml plastic squeeze bottles at Hobby Lobby for 89 cents each. They work great for shellac, BLO, lacquer, etc. Just google Hobby Lobby and search "plastic squeeze bottle" to see a pic.

Joe

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I've got a bunch of tiny glass bottles (probably 1/2 oz) but you'd need to
find something for a cover. They're so tiny, you could probably roll up
a booger and that would seal the top.

They seem to be some sort of laboratory
specimen bottle of some kind.. but I don't know what for..

or modeling clay would work too.

PenMan1

Monty (woodenwonderstx.com) sells these great little clear bottles in several sizes (for considerably less than Woodcraft). He also sells these little siphon applicators.

You can store your stains in the very small bottle, then siphon out exactly the amount you need, then apply with a qtip..... Fresh stain, fresh workstation, fresh "brush" every time.

It works GREAT.... it is also a great way to accurately mix liquid pigments into PR!

IPD_Mrs

recently played with some stains on pens, but prying off lids from large cans and cleaning brushes is getting old - anyplace to buy 1-2oz bottles (which are safe storage material) with screwtops? possibly with brush on the lid - writing this i suddenly think of nail polish haha, but not sure can store oil stains/solvents :confused:

I'm pretty sure that you can get Glass bottles WITH brushes off of the internet. I have some beautiful cobalt blue ones that a friend made me a mixture of oils in for my migraines and I just have to brush it on my temples.

My concern - what is going to happen to a very small brush left INSIDE stains all the time? Generally when I do any work with stains I have to Seriously clean the brush .... Just a thought :wink:

Linda

Justturnin

I keep all glass jars from the kitchen for this Salsa, picles, olives what ever. I have a good little stash and when the lids are too far gone I grab a new jar and transfer.

okiebugg

FWIW

I keep all glass jars from the kitchen for this Salsa, picles, olives what ever. I have a good little stash and when the lids are too far gone I grab a new jar and transfer.

I use old prescription bottles. The screw lids are pretty much airtight and I've not experienced anything evaporating. I buy brushes in bulk from hobby lobby (small brushes) and rubber band the brushes to the bottle they were used for. The bottles are free and the brushes are cheap enough to throw away.
If you don't take medicine, I'm sure that you have relatives that would save them for you.

I make Avery labels for the jars using an old photograph software.

Top Bottom