sloppy slims

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fatstrat

G'day mates,
I have done several slimlines from csusa now and all of them seem to have a loose fitting center band. Are the slims from other suppliers the same way, is there an easy fix, any other stuff?
Also, i dont much care for the idea of all the black parts on sierras, cigars, and barons wearing off in a hurry, although i do like the way they look new, so i dont really want to eliminate them altogether. Well, i guess i could bear to part with the baron and just use jr gents, but the others are irreplaceable. I appreciate any advice you may have.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fatstrat

oh yeah, i was going to ask if an application of renwax or perhapse some other finish over the black parts would help. Anyone done this before? what were the results?

Thanks again

ldb2000

Hi
Sorry to say but the slimline CB's are loose they are meant to slide over the transmision so they cant be too tight .
You can try a drop of CA but be real careful or you WILL glue your transmision to the tube and it wont work anymore (DAMHIKT) [B)].
Also the CA might damage the finish as it outgasses so use very little .
You could try a drop of Loctite but with the same caution as above

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
All slimline centerbands are loose. Once you extend the refill and retract it, you have "loosened a screw" so to speak, allowing the centerband "breathing room" above it. You CAN glue it in (very carefully) and the space will be more evident, since the band won't "float" up and down that few thousandths. OR, you can make other kinds of pens.

Russianwolf

On the Sierra and Cigars go have a look at the WPP group buy that's going on right now.

WPP has a several versions of the Sierra (Called Tapa or Petroglyph) that come in Two-Tone combination of Chrome and Black Titanium. It makes a much more classy presentation in my opinion, but not as expensive as the Platinum/BT kits that run $12+.

On the Cigar he has Two-tone versions in Gold Titanium or Platinum (although he's sold out of the platinums at the moment) that replace the enamel with Black Chrome.

Top Bottom