Slip fit "permanent"?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Quality Pen

So... I've never done a slip fit before. I have had loose press-fit which loctite relaibly handles. But what is the go-to for a true slip fit that has zero friction? Would you use epoxy? Red loctite?

I've used red loctite on friction fits before and that was damn near impossible to remove... but with the small gap of a slip fit I wonder if it will provide the durability since loctite is supposed to be used with threads in the first place...

Any experts on the matter?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

Well, I'm no expert, but on the .45 Auto pen, there are components with no friction whatsoever. I tried my normal blue Loc-Tite, but it didn't hold. I ended up using a very modest bead of extra thick CA. If it ever had to come apart, I think a soak in acetone would loosen it up. Just MHO, YMMV, as they say.

Regards,
Michael

howsitwork

Got to admit I use epoxy as it gives me time to adjust things. Then put in a warm place to sure. It also gap fills any crevices and you can add metal powder eg brass to fill burr holes for great effects.

Cyano works but to get it off soak in acetone overnight and it turns rubbery or dissolves if left long enough. You can also us heat the break the bonds but it gets a bit "interesting" ( just don't ask)

Ian

Top Bottom