Slimlines?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dabull24

What slimline kits do you guys use? Gonna make Christmas gifts for the ladies in my family...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Woodnwhimsies are my kits of choice too - quite cheap, and I cannot really notice much/any difference between the chrome ones they sell, and the much more expensive ones from Woodcraft...

Mind you, I'm talking about the chrome - I don't generally make many gold pens...

Scott

For just general Slimline pens, I use the Titanium kits from Woodturningz. They are inexpensive, yet Titanium, and gold colored, which a lot of people seem to think is cool. I like the shape of their clip, and it should be a good shape for a woman's pen. Just a reasonable-priced good kit.

As for which kit I think is the best, I always come back to the Streamlined Slimline in chrome from Berea. What a nice kit!

Good Luck!

Scott.

zig613

I also use the titanium slimline kit (aka PSI kit) from Woodturningz with the fancy clip and centre band and Berea's titanium Streamline from Bear Woods. The titanium plating costs a couple extras $$ but the plating quality is worth the cost vs. 24k gold.

Skye

^ Ditto on the last two. I've seen the low budget gold ones last, but it's not worth the chance for me. Either the titanium ones or the chrome ones if you're pinching pennies but still want a durable finish.

Top Bottom