Slimline Pro Pencil: Help Needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

faas

So I made my first Slimline Pro Pencil tonight. Assembled it and everything looked great until I screwed the tip on. There is a slight gap that I cannot figure out how to get rid of. Each tube is exactly what is called for (2.03125) so it shouldn't be a problem there. With the way the mechanism screws together, it appears that the bushing is too short, or the threads are too short to tighten it up. Has anyone had a problem like this? Am i missing something obvious?
20161213_001907.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

The size on the bushings looks good. Can you take a few pics without the nib and of the lower tube with and without the pencil mech?

faas

The size on the bushings looks good. Can you take a few pics without the nib and of the lower tube with and without the pencil mech?

Insert shown seated down on the end "pencil coupler"
IMG_0632[1].jpg

Without insert
IMG_0627[1].jpg

with nib end pressed up against lower body
IMG_0631[1].jpg

Brian G

Is it possible that you pressed the wrong end of the coupler into the barrel? I'm operating from memory, but I think one end of the coupler is longer than the other. If you pressed the short end into the barrel, the longer end would not allow the nib to screw on flush with the barrel end.

Last edited:

faas

Is it possible that you pressed the wrong end of the coupler into the barrel? I'm operating from memory, but I think one end of the coupler is longer than the other. If you pressed the short end into the barrel, the longer end would not allow the nib to screw on flush with the barrel end.

From what I remember, only one end will seat into the lower tube. The other was smaller. And in this case it feels like it screws down on all the threads, it just leaves a space rather than snuggling up. You can grab the plunger end when it's all screwed together and wiggle up.and down the amount shown in the first picture.

HamTurns

I was wondering if you followed this easy to miss first step from the pencil assembly instructions?

- Press Pencil coupler, wide end first, into the lower barrel.

The coupler has a right and wrong way to be installed, maybe that's the issue.

Happy Turning - Tom

faas

This might be a silly question, but did you make it clip less?
Not a clipless, but i did check to see if I forgot that.
I was wondering if you followed this easy to miss first step from the pencil assembly instructions?

- Press Pencil coupler, wide end first, into the lower barrel.
The coupler has a right and wrong way to be installed, maybe that's the issue.
Happy Turning - Tom

I did double check that when I installed. From what I can tell, there was only one correct way. On the opposite end, the OD of the coupler was smaller than the ID of the tube.

PSI Customer Service seems to have remedied the problem. According to them, the bushing was not made correctly and is allowing the mechanism to extend too far down the coupler. Thus never allowing it to tighten up. Hopefully a new part solves it!

Top Bottom