Slimline Pro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBusardo

Hi all,
I bought four kits Slimline Pro Click kits from PSI a few months ago. Turned and assembled the first one and didn't like the way it clicked. Seemed loud and real cheap. So I did another. Same thing. I got an order for an assortment of 5 pens from a co worker. I decided to include one of the slimline pro's in the package after looking at the original pens and decided that while the click isnt so hot, the pens look sharp. I turned one and assembled and the click didnt work. It kept getting jammed on the retraction. I took apart as much of the pen as I could and didn't see or feel anyhting that could make it bind. Re-assembled and got the same thing. I turned and assemebled my last one (and I do mean last one) and the click assembley worked fine, but was still loud and cheap sounding. Does anyone know if this is typical of the click pens? Or maybe its just the kits from PSI. When I originally looked at the kit some months back, the plastic transmission did not impress me. Are there any better kits out there? As I remember, the PSI kits were not inexpensive.
Thanks
Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cam

I did a couple of Craft Supply click pens that didn't work for me. Sent the assembled pens back to CSU and they determined that my tubes were to long. I didn't trim right down to the brass. Tube length is critical in the CSU kits. Since then no problems.

Cam

vick

The clickers on my CSU click pens worked great, I had problems with the clips bending way to easily though so I stopped making them.

dubdrvrkev

I think that is why these kits aren't more popular. Seems that the transmissions were not of the quality for a $20+ pen. Is it CSUSA that advertises the "new and improved" click mechanisms?
I have had a few people ask for click pens but I haven't made any due to the bad rap they have.

jkoehler

I have made some of the Slimline Pro sets and I have had similar challenges with some of them.
I have also made the Power Pen and Pencil from PSI. i have had good luck with these. Also, I use the Power set everyday and have no problems with them.

Jeff

john46

Has anyone done the Berea Hardwoods "new and inproved clicker",
BHW-410? It has a different clicker system. So far I have found
it to work very good.

GBusardo

Thanks everyone, I would love to try the CS click pens, but if I have to buy new bushings too, I dont think so. Maybe simpler is better [:)]

Originally posted by john46
<br />Has anyone done the Berea Hardwoods "new and inproved clicker", BHW-410?
I've done about a dozen or so of them without problems. They seem to be working OK after ~4 months. I don't know whether the 5A bushings will work for any other kit.
Be careful when truing the blanks not to shorten the tubes. If you do you will have problems retracting and/or extending the refill. DAMHIKT [:D]

Brent

BB sells some of the newer ones that suppose to have a no jam mech. I made some for christmas presents for some of my family members. the TWO that the wife grabbed onto seem to work fine. But she still has her slimline pro that I made her last year and have had no problems with it,but it does click loud. I've also noticed that you need to play with the refill a little to get it to go all the way up in the pen before putting on the nib. If you just drop in the refill and force the nib on it will cause you problems. I think the new one's that BB sells are better made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom