Slimline Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud

Thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to leaning from all of you. Problem, When the pen is finished and slipping on the cap I experience resistance. I know time and use may relieve it some. Also that a vacum is formed. This makes it difficult to remove the cap to change the filler. Any suggestions to relieve this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimr

That happens with some of my pens and I assumed it was sort of typical. Like Fred said, check the tube in the top half, maybe run the tube trimmer up in it a ways. At any rate, its better to be a little tight than loose. Just like Dagwood Bumstead said when he cut a piece of rope to short- "Since its to short I can always splice it, if it was to long you can't do a damn thing about it!"

G

On a slimline there is supposed to be resistance otherwise the transmission would not turn the refill out.
If there wsa no resistance you could turn it all day long and never write anything.

jrc

Clean out all of the glue from the tube before putting it on the mandrel. After glueing on the cap and clip take a drill bit larger than the tube and give it a few twist to take off any bur on the inside edge of the tube and it will slide over the transmission just right. I always glue on the cap and clip. I've seen to many pens with loose clips, some on my early pens but most on others. I got some chrome slimlines from Berea that you could squeeze the cap on with you fingers.

Bud

Thanks fellows for your input. I learned the hard way about clearing glue - though I still use the "potatoe plug" though that also needs cleaning. I like the idea of the brass gun cleaner and will check that out at the local sports stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom