slimline pencil assembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GABJR

I attempted to assemble some slimline pencil kits last night.
I am not happy with the results. only 1 out of 3 would work.
on the one that does work, the mechanism seems to protrude to far out of the tip. the other 2 had to be forced through to screw the tip on & then would not work when the cap was pushed.the cap seem to be hung up. Should the mechanism slide easily through ? I am going to disassemble & start over. Do i need miil or clean up the tube ends before assembly ? all suggestion & tips will be appreciated

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leevis

What kits are you using? I've not been happy with the Woodcraft "satin finish" slimline pencil kits. I have had a lot of trouble with the mechanisms in those pencils. They do not operate very smoothly at all and hang up quite frequently. I haven't had any problems with their standard gold slimline pencil kits. Recently, I tried CSUSA's satin pencil kits and they operate much better. I'm going to use them when I need satin from now on.

gerryr

I have only made a couple of slimline pencils, all Berea and they went together without any problems and worked fine. The pencil mechanism should slide into the tube easily. Make sure you follow the instructions because the pencils don't go together the same way as the pens.

bob393

I'm not sure.
I have built a dozen from Packard, PSI, with no problem. The cartridge should slide in smoothly and the tip, in my opinion does look like it sticks out too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom