Slimline Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alzey

Any trick or ideas on how to take the cap off that holds the clip? I have a set of transfer punches but I can't get a hold of the edge to tap it out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Wrap some rubber bands tight around the blank so your hands have something to grip and then tap it with the transfer punches.

Lin.

zig613

Any trick or ideas on how to take the cap off that holds the clip? I have a set of transfer punches but I can't get a hold of the edge to tap it out.

Because the centre band is press-fit into the upper and lower barrels accessing the cap holding the clip with a transfer punch in next to impossibe. You may have to take the press-fit centre band apart (i.e., separate the top and lower barrels), then knock out the clip with a transfer punch. I have tried this but, in most cases I have destroyed the pencil.

Wade

KBs Pensnmore

Don't know if slimline pencils are the same as slimpens but what I've done is used some corian and drilled a hole a couple of thou larger than the cap, cutout a notch for the clip and used a punch in the pen press to take the cap out. Easy as and no damage.
Kryn

Top Bottom