Slimline with Parker refill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fatpen

The Slimline kits seem to be the most flexible to make a variety of customized pens. They use a cross refill, I like the Parker pens because I can use gel refills. The pen feels better with a gel refill. Is there an equivalent to the Slimline with a Parker mechanism?

I have not posted before, but just want to thank the membership for all the great information you are willing to share. This site with the photo gallery and library as well as the links and vendors is fantastic.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pioneerpens

closest i've found is the slimline pro. it has the Parker gel refills, but is a slightly larger version of the slimline. PSI has them.

its_virgil

Using the slimline pro would limit the possibilities for modifying since the parker refill pens have a less tolerance on the length of the lower barrel. An alternate choice may be to use a gel refill for the parker...I think there is one available...or at least a better ink choice than ball point ink.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

closest i've found is the slimline pro. it has the Parker gel refills, but is a slightly larger version of the slimline. PSI has them.

Fatpen

The big advantages I see to the Slimline are that the center band can be eliminated if desired, the top can be greatly modified since it is not part of the mechanism, it only needs to turn. I hoped there might be a twist transmission for the Parker, other than the standard one in most kits.

KenV

Really hard to fit a parker style refill into a 7 mm tube ---

8mm tubes allow better choices and larger like cigars use the 10 mm tubes -

8 mm euros with our without centerbands are the parker upgrade from the slimmy ---

Some of the better refills make the slimmy function better too ---

d1lb3rt

This one is available from Woodwrite,Ltd. They call it an Executive Slimline and it takes a Parker refill on 7mm tubes. A little larger than a standard size slimline but yet smaller than a Euro. Only available in titanium gold; your choice of black or gold Euro style caps. I've made a few of them and I like them. Makes a different yet nice looking pen.

A lttle difficult to order, they seem to like phone orders. I've had them return my calls on the weekend. If you miss him, leave a message and Terry will get back to you.

ExecutiveSet.jpg

http://www.woodwriteltd.com/ExecSL.htm

Al

Last edited:

Fatpen

Thanks Al,
They look great, that's what I was looking for. Will I have the flexibility to increase the CB diameter if I make my own?

George

d1lb3rt

George - I haven't tried to modify them. The transmission drops down from the top. If you ditch the centerband to increase the diameter, tube length may be an issue. Sorry I can't answer your question.

Al

dow

This one is available from Woodwrite,Ltd. They call it an Executive Slimline and it takes a Parker refill on 7mm tubes. A little larger than a standard size slimline but yet smaller than a Euro. Only available in titanium gold; your choice of black or gold Euro style caps. I've made a few of them and I like them. Makes a different yet nice looking pen.

Al

Al, have you made any of the executive slimline pencils? If so, what do you think of them? I've got a possible order for some pencils, and I'd like to find a good quality pencil mechanism.

Thank,
Dow.

jthompson1995

You can modify a standard slimline to take a Parker refill by flipping the transmission around and pressing it into the upper barrel. You'll have to play around with the proper depth to press it in and you'll probably have to enlarge the hole in the nib to allow the larger Parker tip to protrude. The refill doesn't attach to the slimline mechanism but is extended based on the movement of the mechanism when twisted and retracts because of the spring on the Parker refill. I haven't done this myself (yet) but have seen pens that it has been done on and they work great and you'd never tell it wasn't supposed to be that way.

Top Bottom