Slimline Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

soligen

I like the slimline kits from a size perspective. I turned my firtst 8mm kit last night (slimline pro click pen) and I have to say that, for me, it's a bit bulky and in-elegant. Maybe if the tip was longer and ramped up at a shallower angle .... - oh well.

So on to my question. I like the slim lines as it gives me a lot of flexibility in the size - except I really dis-like the clip in the kit. The styling is fine - its that the clip is formed metal instead of solid. I'd like to get higher quality (solid) clips. I see replacement clips being sold at penn state, but I cant tell the quality.

Anyone know if/where I can get solid clips? I dont want to just start buying without knowing.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
I use the StreamLine pen by Berea, and buy them from Bill Bombeck at www.Arizonasilhouette.com
It is also sold as the Toni, but with fewer platings available, from the Woodcraft stores. I prefer this pen because I like the clip better than the SlimLine. It is also a stamped clip, but it is a much better quality, and I think it looks better than the SlimLine clip.

The StreamLine also has a larger center-band, but I never use that on a pen. I either make my own or eliminate the centerband and that gives me a lot of options on making the pen. There are more options with the center-band than there are with the clip. I show you how to make 4 of these options on my website at the link below my name at the bottom of this message. .

Last edited:

soligen

Thanks - I'll go to woodcraft sometime and check out the toni. Are the specialty clips you can get solid?

I got a PSI Designer kit. The clip is nothing special, but is at least non stamped. Would still love to get a non-stamped clip for the slimline if anyone knows of a source.

Russ, I had already found your site :) very helpful! Bring able to do things like that has made me realize the great potential versatility of the slimline kit. Just needs a good clip!

David Keller

Check out silverpenparts.com. He's an IAP member and has an active thread with a slimline pen he made from custom sterling parts. The website has quite a selection of pen parts for sale. I've no experience with purchases from the site, but I haven't had a bad experience with an IAP member yet.

soligen

Those are certainly nice. but, a bit higher end than I'm ready for.

I didnt see it mentioned on the web site. Is there a coating on those parts to prevent tarnishing?

Top Bottom