Slimline bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toyotaman

Where is a good place to buy bushings for the mandrel for the 7mm slimline pens? Mine are getting worn but I hate to pay $4.00 for 3 little bushings. There should be somewhere I can buy them in a larger quanity for a decent price.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Where is a good place to buy bushings for the mandrel for the 7mm slimline pens? Mine are getting worn but I hate to pay $4.00 for 3 little bushings. There should be somewhere I can buy them in a larger quanity for a decent price.

You COULD make them out of corian--free!

Woodlvr

You can PM him right here on the forum and probably get quicker results. Ed's idea is great also, if you need some corian to make yourself some bushings pm me with your address.

Last edited:

toyotaman

You can PM him right here on the forum and probably get quicker results. Ed's idea is great also, if you need some corian to make yourself some bushings pm me with your address.

Mike, I should be able to get some at my local Lowes or HD. If I cannot come up with any I will let you know. Thanks

sbell111

Most any place that sells pen kits also sells the corresponding bushings. Shop around to get a good deal, but I likely wouldn't order just a set of slim bushings from somewhere because the cost of shipping is going to be pretty high, comparatively.

It's more efficient to include a set of bushings in an order when you restock kits. Personally, I like to have a few extra sets on hand at any time, just in case.

For instance, I sell bushings for three bucks. It will cost you two dollars to have them shipped to you if you just buy a set of bushings. If you buy kits, however, I ship via priority mail and you will have no additional shipping cost for the bushings. This saves you cash.

navycop

Mike, I should be able to get some at my local Lowes or HD. If I cannot come up with any I will let you know. Thanks
You can get "free" corian at a countertop shop. They pretty much give away scraps.

David M

i have used the flat center band , left over from slimline pens ......... have had a few from making casing pens .... cheep / left overs

low_48

Some suppliers will give you the bushings with enough kits, but $4 divided into 20 pens will only add 20 cents per pen. Pretty cheap tool.

papNal

i have used the flat center band , left over from slimline pens ......... have had a few from making casing pens .... cheep / left overs

Thats a good idea!I have about 50 cb's that was just going to waste.They are soft so have to be careful but are definitely usable.Thanks John:cool:

Top Bottom