Slim-line modification

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

If the ink tube is threaded into the twisting mechanism And the mechanism has a set distance to work as you turn the pen. Then the only part of the slim line i can modify is the top half.? Is this correct? If i were to add 1/2 inch to the upper tube would you advise to cut a new 7mm tube for that length. Or is that too long for the pen? What is the maximum length you can add?

Thank in advance

bill Daniels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I have a one piece modified slimline that I made the blank a full 5 inches long. It works fine. I think the standard two blanks for a slimline total about 4.5. It has the standard tube glued in at the top end of the blank. The lower end is just the nib and trannie pressed into the brass tube, then inserted in the bottom of the blank. The trannie engaging the upper tube is all that holds it in place.

Here it is http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31566

The only thing you need to make sure of is that you have the brass tube in the upper half engage enough of the transmission to turn it.

If you wanted you could buy the 10 inch long 7mm tubes from one of the suppliers and make a foot long pen (assuming you have a 10 inch long drill bit). [:p]

loglugger

Glue a short blank on the nib end. On the clip end glue a long blank with the normal tube at one end so it will slide down over the the twisting mechanism (transmission) and the nib tube. Some where on here some one told how to do this better than this.
Bob

Top Bottom