Slender Design Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

latelearner

My wife has been asking me to make a rollerball pen with a slender design. I have tried making a Baron as thin as possible, but with alot of blanks getting blown out. Does anybody know of a kit that is designed to be thinner? Thanks.

Larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluwolf

My wife has been asking me to make a rollerball pen with a slender design. I have tried making a Baron as thin as possible, but with alot of blanks getting blown out. Does anybody know of a kit that is designed to be thinner? Thanks.

Larry

Larry,

I have made a couple of these: http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...Pen_Kits___Artisan_Pen_Kit___artisan_pen?Args=

It is the Artisan from CSUSA. It is very slender and is a rollerball but is a snap cap. Not the greatest design but will work for what you are looking for.

Fred, what is it about the design that you don't like? I ask because I've made quite a few of these and like them. Of course I seem to be in the minority because I don't see a lot of them:biggrin: I wish they would make them in more and better platings.

Larry, I think Fred's suggestion is a good one but this might be an alternative. It's basically an upscale version of the same thing from CSUSA. It's a rhodium finish and you don't have to cut a slot for the clip.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...ericana_Rollerball_Pen_Kit___amer_rf_pen?Args=

I really like the balance of these pens even if they aren't slickest design you've ever seen.

Old Lar

I just finished one of the Americana RB last night. It looks pretty nice and is the slender profile you are looking for. The snap cap is not my favorite, but it works ok.

turn4fun

The "New Series" rollerball from Berea is a thin, light weight, and has a screw on cap that works well. I purchased it from Ariz. Silhouette and built it last week. You can see a picture of the kit on Arizona Silhouette or Berea's website under new products. It's only available in upgrade gold or chrome.. Larry

Top Bottom