skipping pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparhawk

Hi all. I have only turned about 10 pens so far and bought most of them from wood nwhimsies. They are the slimline fancy. I also bought a slimline kit from the Woodcraft store in town. All of these pens seem to skip or take a minute to start writing after not using them for a few minutes. Is it the type of pen and if so which ones are better or are all slimlines that way ? Haven't moved up to the more expensive kits till I have time to turn a few more practice ones. And for a slimline the one from woodcraft was not cheap. (Especialy compared to Woodnwhimsies).Thanks for any input.

Tuba707

They all come with cheap refills. The refills for the slimlines are Cross style and you can buy good ones for any pen that you make at www.woodchipshome.com. Buy Schmidt - they are quality.

sparhawk

as you move up into the higher priced pen kits , do the cartridges get any better? One of these 15 to 20 something dollar pens have to have their cartridges changed out too? P.s. Joel , thank you for the e-mail when I joined and i may want to order some things from you in the future.

Tuba707

Sure, no problem. Just watch for all of my stuff in the BC forum as I am getting rid of most of my wood (hopefully) =)

That depends on the supplier and the pen. For example, CSUSA rollerball pens come with Schmidt refills, which IMHO are among the best available. Bill Baumbeck of Arizona Silhouette supplies his rollerballs with Hauser, which are at least decent.

The rest of their pens come with decent refills, although I think it is worth it to pay out the extra dollar or so for the best refills as that enhances the practical value of your pen greatly (it IS a pen, so it SHOULD write well, right? [:D])

As far as ink for your fountain pens, recommend and use Private Reserve, whether is in a cartridge or a bottle.

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom