Skin irritation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Well after a month or more trying to figure out why only the back of my hands keep having a skin rash that is not raised or itching, I MIGHT be closer to the answer. I knew right away it wasn't CA. I thought I had it figured out as my main coat I wear as the sleeves rest on the back side of my hands and we washed it a couple times lately, the first time right before it started happening. Well I went well over a week without turning anything at all, and also wore a different coat. The rash was fading well until this Sunday when I turned acrylic wearing a different coat. After I was about finished with the cap end I went inside to notice the rash back around the areas I grip my tool and where the shavings cover my hands. So it looks like the resin/acrylics might be causing an irritation now. I have a 100 pack of gloves to use from now on. I thought it was really weird that it suddenly started happening now after I started turning around late April 2010. I have no other areas of my body that have the rash either. I figure I will just continue working and using the gloves and unless it becomes a serious issue not worry about it too much. :cool:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Interesting, I never heard of anyone having a reaction to acrylics. Cocobolo gets me bad

Yeah, it has to be that, nothing else makes sense or would be a factor at this point. I know it can't be CA as I use it to glue in the tubes and not to rub it on my hands like lotion lol.

manatee

I have been plagued with contact dermatitis problems for 40 years. After building a boat in the 70's with West epoxy I became allergic to it and all polyurethane based materials. I am also allergic to various woods white oak and cocobola among others. My symptoms are mainly irritation of the eyelids. I have seen several dermatologists over the years but none seem to help. The symptoms usually go away in about 10-14 days and I just live with the inconvenience.

Fred

Sensitivity will continue to increase with each exposure. Just take ALL the precautions you possibly can, and then pay close attention for new areas of outbreakings.

Top Bottom