Sketcher Pencil, NEW !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

This possibly could be the best pencil kit I have made [:p]
This is from CS, it is the 3rd type 5.56 lead pencil they have come out with. They must be good sellers for them or they wouldn't keep coming up with new ones.

The Woodworkers pencil was the original, sold well for me and looked good. It had some down sides. You had to glue the front section in to hold it in place. I never really felt comfortable with that fit. But I have sold a bunch and have not had one come back. Also, I liked the look of the one piece barrel, but you needed to drill about a 5 1/5 " long hole, sometimes that would be pretty testy.It used no tube, which some didn't like, but didn't bother me.

Then came the Deluxe Woodworkers pencil, The new shrunk look did nothing for me. a two piece barrel solved the long drilling, but an ugly hexigon center band didn't cut it. They also managed to use the same ugly trim ring for the cap. The only thing the ring solved, was to keep the pencil from rolling off the table. An improvement was, they threaded the bottom brass tube, that made for a secure fit of the mechanism.

Now the Artist Sketcher Pencil, this I like :) Same good looking one piece barrel, but a little shorter. The tube length is about 3 1/2 inches so drilling is a breeze. They added a threaded bushing to screw in the pencil mechanism. (nice move) and to top it all off, a handsome simple looking cap and clip. :) I think I found a new pencil to make. I hope this sells as well as the original, we will see, but I am going to stock a few of these babies.

Simple easy to make kit, only two holes to plug.
200510296107_sketcher_kit1.jpg

Straight forward, insert the threaded bushing, insert the cap and clip, screw in the mechanism.
2005102961056_sketcher_assem.jpg

Some finished kits.
2005102961213_sketcher_pencils.jpg

Woodworkers / Deluxe / Artist Sketcher
20051029151252_pencils.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Thanks Anthony,

your instructions and pictorial make this kit look like a breeze to assemble. Looking forward to purchasing a few kits and see how well they sell.

Deere41h

Anthony it's so nice that we can count on you to introduce us to the new kits when they come out!! I do like the looks of those and as usual you have done you wonderful job with them. Thanks for the introduction and sharing your talents with us.

Darley

Originally posted by rduncan
<br />Heck, this is almost generating enough interest to become a group Purchace [:)]

Sure indeed[:D] well Anthony I would be interested for a few, if I recall when this pencil come out he have a group buyer's! no! I saw it on PSI catalog too and they got coloured lead as well ( blue, red and green I think )

BTW very nice pens, what is the codenumber on CS catalog

PenWorks

Serge, the number is 050-5009 I do not think it is on their web site yet. I should have thought to ask you, if you wanted any. Sorry about that.

Darley

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Serge, the number is 050-5009 I do not think it is on their web site yet. I should have thought to ask you, if you wanted any. Sorry about that.

No worries Anthony another time, CS got the pen but the number is 050-5015 I supposed it's the same @ $ 7.99, maybe onther person will do a group puchase for those pencils before Christmas.

PenWorks

Originally posted by Darley
<br />
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Serge, the number is 050-5009 I do not think it is on their web site yet. I should have thought to ask you, if you wanted any. Sorry about that.

No worries Anthony another time, CS got the pen but the number is 050-5015 I supposed it's the same @ $ 7.99, maybe onther person will do a group puchase for those pencils before Christmas.

Serge, the 050-5015 is the Deluxe pencil, you do not want that one.That is the one in the midlle with the ugly hex band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom