which size postage stamps to use?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave D

I have made a few pens like the ones Penn State shows in the You Tube video. I used square stamps because they seemed to fit the wooden tube better. Has anyone used the rectangle shaped stamps? I tried a few and they seem to leave a lot of the pen blank not covered. Is there a technique that I am missing?
Thanks.
Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I have made a few pens like the ones Penn State shows in the You Tube video. I used square stamps because they seemed to fit the wooden tube better. Has anyone used the rectangle shaped stamps? I tried a few and they seem to leave a lot of the pen blank not covered. Is there a technique that I am missing?
Thanks.
Dave

Dave; Try putting them at a 45 degree angle. Jim S

Dave D

Thanks.
Dave

Dave; Try putting them at a 45 degree angle. Jim S

I did that, just like the video showed. It looks great with square stamps, but I found that oblong stamps don't cover as well. I would love to see a photo of a pen made using oblong stamps.
DAve

Top Bottom