Size matters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasJohn

OK, if I missed this one I will go quietly to the whiping post. I looked in the resources and either it is not there or I missed it. I am attempting to put together an Americana Rollerball. The directions say you should have a .487'' cap bushing; .397'' center bushing; and a .397'' writing tip bushing. When I ordered this kit I also ordered a pkg. of three bushings for the Americana Rollerball. I have measured these bushings with my trusty HF digital calpers and get the following measurements: .3585; .4585; .4914; and .3585'' across the bushing. All three bushings are the same. Can I turn this pen using these bushings? Can someone that has turned one of these kits please give me some advice (instructions). Thanks much. Texas John

fiferb

John, I have not turned one of these kits yet, but, have you measured the kit parts? Maybe they match the bushings closer than you think. This would be the best way to tell if you can use them or not.

Rifleman1776

That is a common problem. And a frustrating one. There is no excuse for them to not be what is specified. Who is your supplier? Do get on the phone to tech support and ask for clarification and, possibly, free replacement. To know if they will work can only be determined by trying. Suggest you do a throw-a-way turning.

TexasJohn

Hey Bruce and Frank - Thanks for the response guys. With a red face, I have to admit that the problem is an old man that can't read corrrectly. As it turns out, there is an "Americana" pen and an "Americana Rollerball" pen. Naturally, dummie me, I had to D/L the wrong instructions. All is well now and the world is good. Thanks again and with some luck, perhaps I will learn to read, one of these days. Texas John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom