Situation I hope you can help with....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MatthewZS

So I took my first spin at getting a pen laser engraved as a gift. It's just a set of 3 initials, pretty simple. My intention is to color fill, and since I'd never done this before I had the engraver make a handful of extra "test pieces" for me to at least try and get the hang before doing "THE" pen. I can't for the life of me find the test pieces now, I've no time to get more made and I'm leary of just jumping right in. Anyone able to point me at the most certain, easiest method so I've the least chance of messing up? Or should I just seal the engraving like it is, no colorfill and live to fight another day?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jedgerton

My method is real simple and inexpensive. I use acrylic craft paint from somewhere like Michaels and just apply it with a Qtip. As soon as I get it spread evenly over the engraved area, I then wipe off the excess paint with a cotton rag. Allow it to dry for a few hours and repeat if the colorfill isn't as uniform as desired.

John

MatthewZS

Thank you:)

I will give that a try then. My main concern was making SURE I had the right stuff to fill with that wasn't going to dry immediately or stick all over outside the engraving and require a bunch of sanding and stuff. Thank you all for the input:)

DurocShark

Most of the engravers offer the color fill as a service as well. But yeah, the paint method works great. Reminds me of when I used to play Dungeons & Dragons. The dice had to have the numbers filled so they could be read. My friends all used crayons. I used paint. They were *so* jealous of how much better my dice looked.

Top Bottom