Single Tube Slim Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

I've never done one of those so decided last night to tackle one. Turned out well, but I had to use pliers on the nib to pull it apart for refills. Couldn't get enough grip on the nib even with a rubber jar opener.

What have you guys done to loosen the pressfit between the top of the transmission and the upper tube? I can't let a pen out in the wild if the refill can't be replaced without damaging the nib (I wrapped the nib with the above jar opener then used the pliers, but the jaws were sharp and cut through the rubber. blech)

EDIT: Subject should say "Single Barrel Slim Question". Too much snow today...

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

it's either lotion or dry cracked bleeding hands all the time, and that's no fun at all. I'd post a pic of what my fingers look like right now, but wifey took the camera to a friend's party.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I've never done one of those so decided last night to tackle one. Turned out well, but I had to use pliers on the nib to pull it apart for refills. Couldn't get enough grip on the nib even with a rubber jar opener.

What have you guys done to loosen the pressfit between the top of the transmission and the upper tube? I can't let a pen out in the wild if the refill can't be replaced without damaging the nib (I wrapped the nib with the above jar opener then used the pliers, but the jaws were sharp and cut through the rubber. blech)

EDIT: Subject should say "Single Barrel Slim Question". Too much snow today...

Put a grinding wheel on your dremel and grind down the little nipples toward the end of the transmission. Works great. If the upper barrel seems hard to install it's too tight.

witz1976

it's either lotion or dry cracked bleeding hands all the time, and that's no fun at all. I'd post a pic of what my fingers look like right now, but wifey took the camera to a friend's party.

Just as well, a pic of your hands with lotion is something I don't need to see...especially first thing in the morning!:eek:

Top Bottom