Single stem pen stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

UKpenmaker

Whilst thinking of different ideas to try and display my pens and having a play a came up with these.
A bit too awkward to make as they have to be made for each pen because of the exact weight for balance, the Emperor is very finally balanced[:p]. You need a flat surface to display.

Good fun to try.:)

2006224194046_stand.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Johnathan

Originally posted by UKpenmaker
<br />Hi Jim it does indeed, the Emporer even falls over with the pen in sometimes, it is so finely balanced.[xx(]

Well, I can't have pens falling over, but the stand does look nice. Painted (I know) a jet blank would look really elegant with the emperor.

How do you keep the stand from scratching the pens? Is there some felt between the two?

Randy_

Andrew: I'll bet you're a man who likes a challenge. It's been a long time since I tweddled a slide rule in a Physics class; but I think that with a few slight modifications, you should be able to build a <b>"SINGLE"</b> stand that will support pens of varying weights?? You might have to work at the stability problem.....I suspect that yours are not terribly stable......but I see a few directions that would be promising!! Clever idea.....push it a little!![8D][8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom