single barrel pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshib

New here.
Anyone here stumble upon this idea yet? My bother-in-law decided to have me try it out and I actually like doing these kinds of mechanical pencils now. This was also my first attempt at inlaying copper wire.

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 292
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Several of us have been making new barrels for one of the pentel pencils, the Pentel Sharp (p20x) for several years now. Other mechanical pencils have also been used. I can't tell from youir picture which pencil you have used. Doing these conversions is fun. Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

New here.
Anyone here stumble upon this idea yet? My bother-in-law decided to have me try it out and I actually like doing these kinds of mechanical pencils now. This was also my first attempt at inlaying copper wire.

Andrew_K99

It looks like a slimline pencil with the center band eliminated (as shown here).

I've been meaning to try a few as I use a pencil often at work but haven't gotten around to it.

AK

pshib

Thanks for the responses. I haven't been turning for long. That was just a cheap pencil kit that the center band bent while i was pressing it.

pshib

I didn't finish mt reply. I did about the same as the walkthrough. I just cut the blank to the size of another pencil i did and just glued a tube into each end instead of turning down the center band.

Top Bottom