Single barrel corncob pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thuntress

I would like to make a single barrel corncob pen and am looking for suggestions on what type of pen kit to use. Any body have suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I use styles like the Wall St II, Leroi, Elegent Beauty.
Thought about a long click, but that blank is a little long for the cobs I have.

magpens

If a long clicker is too long, then how about a Berea Carbara twist (from Bear Tooth Woods, or Exoticblanks) or an Atlas twist from Woodcraft.

SDB777

How-a-bout one of those mini purse pens?
That might take too much material off.... Sierras are always good choices.

Scott (dare to be kitless) B

tazhunter0

I have done Polaris from Woodcraft and Bolt Actions in corncob before. I have also done slim lines.

PapaTim

So many options. Good old Sierra, Gatsby or Mesa. Bolt action, twist or click bullet pens. Some of the new PSI kits like the Phoenix Rising, Skeleton Key or Knights Armor. Lots of good choices.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would like to make a single barrel corncob pen and am looking for suggestions on what type of pen kit to use. Any body have suggestions?
Just about any Sierra Style will work ok...but If it were me I think I'd try one of the bigger pens where you take off less from the cob. I think the cob markings will show better. Particularily if you have larger cobs.

Rick_G

I like the Sierra style pens and if you want something a little bigger the artists sketch pencil kit would work well. You can get an insert for it that replaces the pencil lead and uses the mini ink refills.

We have a small store nearby that sells popcorn on the cob. The popcorn cobs seem to be a smaller than the normal cobs we get so suit themselves to penmaking fairly well. Just microwave the cob and you get a nice bowl of popcorn to enjoy and a nice dry cob sized just right for penmaking. One U.S. source I found is here
Popcorn on the Cob
located in Indiana and a Canadian source is Microwave Popcorn on the Cob

Top Bottom