Since the battleship decking has generated some interest and PM's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

Ok, I have been asked were to get wood from US navy vessels. Since the only one that I know of is the battleship California, the link is in the Turning Teak thread.

Since there has been mentions of other ship decking on this forum.

Does anybody have any other sources for repurposed deck wood from US Navy ships?

Did a couple of google searches and no joy!

:clown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

I think that they're trying to raise money to re-teak the USS Missouri (which is in Hawaii now). I'm not sure how far along they are but I'd like to get a few pieces since my dad spent most of his time as a Marine on the Missouri.

Mariner1

I received the 2 pieces of the California decking I ordered and have made a pen already. I am quite happy with it. If anyone does find more ships wood, please post the source as I would also be very interested. As already mentioned, a search doesn't bring up anything. I checked the Missouri's website and they sell teak already engraved and finished. It is quite pricy and I can't tell how thick the peice is. I may contact them to see if they would sell just the unfinished peices. Still trying to find a source for some wood off of a submarine. I know the Spadefish SSN668 had some in the rope locker as it was a free flood space.

Please post any sources you all find.

Thanks
Karl

Fireengines

Try the USS North Carolina Ship's Store at:

Home Page

When I was there a few weeks ago, I mentioned pen turners making pens from the decking to raise money. She seemed to be interested. However, I did not get any contact information.

Jimmy Powell

I think that they're trying to raise money to re-teak the USS Missouri (which is in Hawaii now). I'm not sure how far along they are but I'd like to get a few pieces since my dad spent most of his time as a Marine on the Missouri.

I received an email back for the store of the USS Missouri and they do not have any teak for sale other than the engraved pieces and they are not from the deck, if I understood her email.

"Thank you for your interest in the USS Missouri's teak, but we do not sell the teak off the deck. We actually have a teak team that is currently working on items to make for sale in our store. All profits will go towards our non-profit Association."

Jimmy Powell

AceMrFixIt

Try the USS North Carolina Ship's Store at:

Home Page

When I was there a few weeks ago, I mentioned pen turners making pens from the decking to raise money. She seemed to be interested. However, I did not get any contact information.

When I called I talked to Roger Miller the Asst Director and he set me up. Phone: 910-251-5797

Operations and Maintenance
Roger Miller
Assistant Director
operations@battleshipnc.com
x3003

Last edited:
Top Bottom