Similar or not?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravo

How much similarity is there between pen providers? I got mandrell etc. from PSI. Can I turn Craft Sup pens on my PSI tools? Thanks, I am a novice.:)

KKingery

I got a couple of different mandrels. I have 2 adjustable ones, one from PSI and one from CSUSA. They work for kits from either supplier. I have'nt done any Berea kits, so I'm not sure about that. I also have 2 non-adjustable ones, and all 4 seem to work well with kits from either of the 2 above suppliers.

Hi Ray,
Yes you can turn just about any distributer's pen on your mandrel,
<b>the only thing is you must use the proper bushings</b>.If you get the pen kit from csusa,you must get the bushings for that kit,some are inter changeable but not to many are. Hope this helps you out good luck.
Just Charlie [:)]

Randy_

According to published specs, the PSI mandrels are 3-4 thousandths smaller than the Berea "A" mandrels. If you get some tight PSI bushings, they might not fit the Berea mandrel without a little work. Woodcraft and CUSA mandrels are in the middle and likely will not be a problem. Berea also makes a larger "B" mandrel which is about 1 mm larger than the "A" mandrel. It requires special bushings that will be too large for the other mandrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom