Silver Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sptfr43

You can buy sterling silver wire in many different sizes, I used to make rings from it, all you would have to do is dremel out a design and inlay the wire then turn it down flush, add a finish and you have a $700. pen.[:D]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by sptfr43
<br />You can buy sterling silver wire in many different sizes, I used to make rings from it, all you would have to do is dremel out a design and inlay the wire then turn it down flush, add a finish and you have a $700. pen.[:D]

Similar to the technique used by gunstockers, except they use chisles. And, I would add, very carefully.

PenWorks

I am more impressed he can get $225.00 for a gold ti Euro [:0]
I would be happy to wholesale my euro's to him for a $100.00 [:D]

woodscavenger

Anthony you beat me to the punch line! I see those as cool....but I'm not sure about those $$$. The Gisi's pens are not much more money but represent much more work I believe. But I am not knocking him for creativity and some very nicely done work.

chigdon

I agree they are a lot of $$$. I am glad to see it presuming that since he is selling at 3 retail locations they are actually selling for that price. It really is good news for all of us to have a product with more recognized value.

I also thing the Gisi's pens are probably underpriced for the work that goes into them (I sure would love to have one).

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I am more impressed he can get $225.00 for a gold ti Euro [:0]
I would be happy to wholesale my euro's to him for a $100.00 [:D]
No Kidding....but if his other pens sell for 700+ then that Euro is a bargin, eh!!

[:D]

The inlays looks awesome!!

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
You can ask any price you want. Getting it is a different story.

I can't believe $225 for what is essentially a plastic Slim-Line pen. I am selling them for 25 bucks. What am I doing wrong?? Should I raise my prices??

LanceD

I think it depends on type of clientele you are persuing and are selling to. He's a surgeon so I'm sure he's sold to a lot of his associates to begin with. If those retail outlets are catering to the well to do professionals that type of pricing would be well in their price range. The average person, doesn't know that it costs 5.00 or 300.00 to make a pen and they won't know unless you tell them. The way they are marketed has a lot to do with price also. Notice in his descriptions he used Rhodium, Titanium, Sterling silver inlays. Those words just speak high dollar. Granted he may or may not sell a lot of pens but when he does sell one or two I guarantee you he's way ahead of the game.

Johnathan

I know that most of my clients are very well off and they're use to paying out over $1,000.00 for a mass produced Mont Blanc. Why not charge that much if you can get it. It is up to you to put a value on your art. The cost of the materials is not important here. It is the time, effort, creativity, and quality. I keep my pens in high-end jewelry store and art gallerys. I could probably sell them at the music store my friend owns but then again, what am I saying about my product. If you treat your pens like an amazing work of art,it may take longer, but people will pay. [^][:)][:D][8D][:I]

chigdon

If you are selling to the right people they WON'T buy it if it is TOO CHEAP. There is a perceived value of things that is somewhat up to us. Are Mont Blancs worth what people are charging? The answer is absolutely -- because people are paying that = they are worth that. There is a limit of course but I think it is more than most of us are charging.

YoYoSpin

I've seen his stuff for sale at Pankratz Studios, which is right next door to one of my retail consignment outlets...Bella Art, about 20 miles north of my home. Its a very nice shop but I wouldn't call it excessively up-scale. I'll have to invite Dr. K to one of our club meetings.

arioux

Hi,

Don't know if you read the artist info all the way but his pens are used as a fund raiser: Extract from his site

A significant portion of each sale is donated to the H.O.P.E. Retreatâ€" a three day retreat supporting women who are transitioning back to normal life after breast cancer treatment.

Just for info

Alfred

Johnathan

Originally posted by arioux
<br />Hi,

Don't know if you read the artist info all the way but his pens are used as a fund raiser: Extract from his site

A significant portion of each sale is donated to the H.O.P.E. Retreatâ€" a three day retreat supporting women who are transitioning back to normal life after breast cancer treatment.

Just for info

Alfred

I really don't think his pens are priced at that amount just for the fund-rasier. His pens sell at that price and he is a kind enough man to donate some of the sales.

myname1960

Originally posted by LanceD
<br />I think it depends on type of clientele you are persuing and are selling to. He's a surgeon so I'm sure he's sold to a lot of his associates to begin with. If those retail outlets are catering to the well to do professionals that type of pricing would be well in their price range. The average person, doesn't know that it costs 5.00 or 300.00 to make a pen and they won't know unless you tell them. The way they are marketed has a lot to do with price also. Notice in his descriptions he used Rhodium, Titanium, Sterling silver inlays. Those words just speak high dollar. Granted he may or may not sell a lot of pens but when he does sell one or two I guarantee you he's way ahead of the game.

That gives me an idea.
I wonder if my Doctor will take pens in trade for his services. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom