Sierre Kit change ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Petricore

This is weird and is totally throwing me for a loop. Sierra kits are one of my best sellers and I ordered 2 new kits through berea hardwoods with some fresh bushings (20A) and got the pen turned and the new kits (both of them) that I got are HUGE compared to the original sierra. I have posted the stats on the old and new kits. Is this an accident or did I just get some bum kits ?

sierra kit original:
.472 bottom hardware
.511 top hardware

20A bushing (slightly worn) .480

new kit:
.522 bottom hardware
.549 top hardware

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

There are two sierra kits. You must have ordered or received the larger "Sierra Vista". The tubes are the same, but the diamters of the pen parts are larger.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Petricore

This is weird and is totally throwing me for a loop. Sierra kits are one of my best sellers and I ordered 2 new kits through berea hardwoods with some fresh bushings (20A) and got the pen turned and the new kits (both of them) that I got are HUGE compared to the original sierra. I have posted the stats on the old and new kits. Is this an accident or did I just get some bum kits ?

sierra kit original:
.472 bottom hardware
.511 top hardware

new kit:
.522 bottom hardware
.549 top hardware

Petricore

Interesting. They don't list those on their website as being different, does that mean they just pulled the wrong order ?
I did notice a different part number.

Petricore

Man that is weird, they only show one type on bereahardwoods.com. I'll have to call em tomorrow. Hopefully they will swap them out and hopefully I can take this pen apart and salvage the tube.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by Petricore

sierra kit original:
.472 bottom hardware
.511 top hardware

new kit:
.522 bottom hardware
.549 top hardware

The standard Sierra uses two identical bushings, the Vista two different ones for top and bottom.

Woodlvr

WC has the Wall Street II which is the Sierra. I thought that this might help since WC is just north of you by about 30 miles or so.

Dan_F

Here is a pic of the two pens side by side for comparison. I find the Vista's very comfortable to use.

P1010877.jpg

Dan

Petricore

Yeah it was a mistake. I did in fact get the Vista kits. Talked with Berea and they were quick to help me out and offer an acceptable solution. Thats why I keep ordering through them. They have some of the best customer service around. :)

Top Bottom