Sierra vs Wallstreet II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick1708

These pens look very similar to me. Are they the same pen using different names? I have some bushings for a Wallstreet II and want to make an Elegant Sierra and am trying to find out if I need new bushings or not.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Use your calipers/micrometer to control the ends to match the fittings and any differences in outside diameter are avoided. Firm fit inside the tubes is needed, but use measurements to make the match.

Rick1708

Good point, I'll double check the tube size and use calipers when close to finish.

Russianwolf

What Stan said.

Other names that work with those bushings are Pacifica (from Woodpenpro), Apprentice Classica (from CSUSA) and Gatsby (from PSI).

I use the Two-tone Pacificas myself since they are less expensive and look much nicer.

Last edited:

heinedan

Hello,

I have to disagree. Woodcraft's bushings are garbage. When I used their bushings for the circuit board Wall Street, the pen turned out out od round. Ditto for Navigators and Sedonas. My recomendation would be to use a micrometer to measure, then if they match use your sierra bushings, otherwise turn without bushings and measure regularily.

Dan

sbell111

Hello,

I have to disagree. Woodcraft's bushings are garbage. When I used their bushings for the circuit board Wall Street, the pen turned out out od round. Ditto for Navigators and Sedonas. My recomendation would be to use a micrometer to measure, then if they match use your sierra bushings, otherwise turn without bushings and measure regularily.

Dan

I'm having a little trouble envisioning how a bushing could result in an out of round pen. I'm probably just not thinking right.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I'm having a little trouble envisioning how a bushing could result in an out of round pen. I'm probably just not thinking right.

I had one Sierra bushing in which the hole was visibly drilled off center. I have had 2 others that were drilled off center and not noticeable until it was on the lathe. Then, by measuring with calipers, it was confirmed and enough for me to throw them away.

However - getting technical about the term OOR - Out Of Round, Non-concentric, Off Center, Elliptical are often expressed under the single name of OOR but technically are different.

I used to get all of my bushings and kits from woodcraft, until I was convinced that the bushings were not always accurate ( this was by an employee from there) But, Thanks to the bushings not beeing center, I got to get a full size lathe rther than the bench top. Something good can come out of woodcraft bushings.

Top Bottom