Sierra vs. Gatsby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dankc908

I have noticed that a lot of pen-makers use the "Sierra" pens. They appear to be another name for PSI's "Gatsby". Is there a reason to prefer one over the other? Where does one find the "Sierra" pen kits? I took my pen-turning class last March and have been hooked ever since and am now wanting to begin taking it a step further.

A second, related, question is: Are there white or "chrome" tubes available for the Gatsby/Sierra pens? I do believe that both take a 27/64" tube. Can the same tubes work in both pens? I'm really not wanting to get into the hassle of painting tubes (I absolutely HATE painting).

Many thanks for any help any of you fine folks can provide!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan26

I was a little curious about some pen designs also. I bought some Gatsby kits and like them a lot. Then I saw the Wall Street II on sale a bought some of those kits. With the exception of the band, they are the same. They have the same length tube and use the same diameter bushings. The mechanism in the Wall Street II work much smoother, though.

dankc908

MANY THANKS All of you! I just ordered the necessary tubes and am looking forward to trying some Sierra and Wall Street II pen kits just to 'experience' the difference!

Top Bottom