Sierra Vista Kits...$$$...WOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DKF

I just placed an order with AS and I was surprised at the prices of the SV kits....$16.90 and $17.35 for the Plat/BT and GT...it has been a while since ordering and was just surprised at the prices....Will have to make sure to get in on a group buy next time one comes around....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Yeah, they are real high price items. I don't make them anymore, cannot sell many pens with such a high priced kit. Plus adding a snakeskin blank, we are talking initial cost of $30-40. You actually don't need the Vista kits, I have made both snake skin and carbon fiber with the normal kits and I actually like them much better. The Vista is just a tad too fat for me.

Texatdurango

I'm with Rudy. For what the Sierras sell for, the "fat Sierras" just aren't worth the extra cost. Try explaining to a customer why one pen is $20 more just because it's a tad fatter!

I'll take one of those dual chrome Sierras over a Vista any day!

rlharding

I sell my Sierra's for $30 more than slims @ $55. Just got an order last week for 10. Waiting for the csusa 50% off group buy that MIGHT be held this month IF Mike's wife allows him to do it.[}:)]

Randy_

Originally posted by DKF

I just placed an order with AS and I was surprised at the prices of the SV kits....$16.90 and $17.35 for the Plat/BT and GT...it has been a while since ordering and was just surprised at the prices....Will have to make sure to get in on a group buy next time one comes around....

I'm not quite getting the concern here. The Sierra Vistas are not that much more expensive than the Sierras for comparable platings.....certainly not the $20 difference that George is suggesting.

For the two kits that Don mentioned, the GTi Vista is only $2.35 more than the standard Sierra and for the BT/Pl Vista, it is only $3.15 more than the standard Sierra. I really don't see where $2-$3 in kit price is going to impact the final price of the pen enough to affect how well it sells.

You could buy a 24k Sierra for six bucks; but I prefer not to make and sell kits that are likely to come back in a few months with all of the plating missing.

10280007.gif
20056145259_eaglemed.jpg

Dallas, TX................................In Their Memory

Dan_F

Funny, I like the Vista specifically because its fatter, the regular Sierra is too skinny for me, as most of the other ballpoints are. I have small hands too, but skinny pens make my hand cramp. I wish Woodcraft offered the Wall Street 3 in the black Ti/ Ti gold combo, I would have gotten a bunch in the recent WC group buy at a VERY good price.

Dan

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Randy_

...I'm not quite getting the concern here. The Sierra Vistas are not that much more expensive than the Sierras for comparable platings.....certainly not the $20 difference that George is suggesting....
I wasn't saying the kits cost $20 more, but I have seen several folks price their Sierra Vistas higher than the regular Sierras as if they were a totally different pen. And as I suggested... it would be interesting to hear them explain the difference in their selling price to the customer... "Yes sir, this baby is forty nine thousandths wider than that other pen..."

altaciii

Excuse me for interrupting, but can someone post pics of the two kits side by side, I haven't seen the sierra vista kit. I know that the sierra is the same as a "woodcraft" wall street but the vista i've never seen.

DKF

Originally posted by altaciii

Excuse me for interrupting, but can someone post pics of the two kits side by side, I haven't seen the sierra vista kit. I know that the sierra is the same as a "woodcraft" wall street but the vista i've never seen.

Here is a pic of the Sierra Vista.....Someone can add the pic of the Sierra.

20083116193_IMG_1385.jpg

Jarheaded

I sell them at the same price, it is just a couple of dollars difference and if it sells and I can't afford the difference, than I am selling them too cheap to start with. They both sell very well for me. The new Sierra click pens are almost impossible to keep for more than a week.

Top Bottom