Sierra Transmisson Failure

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

intillzah

I had the transmission on my daily sierra go out. Is it common for this to happen? Is this an issue I need to address and keep some spares on hand?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Did the Tranny quit working, or just come unscrewed and go up into the tube and can't connect, (which is a very common problem with Sierras,) That's why I stopped making them.

Whaler

I don't know if all Sierras use the same transmission or not but I have heard that there are several manufacturers that use the Sierra name. I make only Elegant Sierras and have sold a bundle over the past 3 years and have never had a problem.

intillzah

Did the Tranny quit working, or just come unscrewed and go up into the tube and can't connect, (which is a very common problem with Sierras,) That's why I stopped making them.
Nope, it tranny quit... It may be my fault it failed, I'm a figitier and I play with it a lot thru the day..

Whaler

A drop of blue Loctite on the top of the tranny solves that problem.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North

But makes it more difficult to change the refill...

Whaler

But makes it more difficult to change the refill...

You simply screw it apart and the transmission stays in place, actually easier than pulling it apart and then unscrewing the transmission.

Top Bottom