Sierra Tranmossions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Awhile ago we had a group buy for 8.4mm x1 taps that matched the threads on the Sierra transmissions. You can make some nice "almost" kitless ball point pens with them. I believe mredburn was selling the taps at one time also. Here is an example of a pen made with a sierra transmission using Aluminum.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Although I still sell them, INdy Pen dance currently has the 8.5 x 1 for sale cheaper. THe 8.5 will work just fine for you.

IPD_Mr

We have found that there are a couple different sizes of transmissions out there. Many of the aftermarket transmissions will not fully screw into a Sierra. These after markets, I am pretty sure will only work with a M8.4 x 1 tap. If they are leftovers from a Sierra or Wall Street then you should be fine with a M8.5 x 1

LL Woodworks

Thanks all - I have an 8.5 x 1 and think these are "Sierra" Transmissions however mredburn I've sent you a PM regarding the 8.4 x 1. - Thanks again everyone for the help.

Jgrden

This is the dummy asking questions. I like working with the cigar pens. Will the 8.5 that you were speaking off work on the transmission purchased for cigar pens??

sbell111

We have found that there are a couple different sizes of transmissions out there. Many of the aftermarket transmissions will not fully screw into a Sierra. These after markets, I am pretty sure will only work with a M8.4 x 1 tap. If they are leftovers from a Sierra or Wall Street then you should be fine with a M8.5 x 1

Are those the taps that I sold you?

I made several .308 pens using Rizheng sierra transmissions. The M8.4 tap did the job just fine.

Top Bottom